The decision to have plastic surgery is an important one, and choosing the right plastic surgeon is crucial.
The plastic surgeons at Bluffton Okatie Surgery Center have special expertise in:
- Breast Reduction: Breast reduction is a surgical procedure to reduce the size and change the shape of a patient’s breast in order to achieve a desirable breast size for aesthetic or for health reasons such as chronic back and shoulder pain from large breasts. Your doctor will consult with you on your goals. On the day of surgery, you will be under general anesthesia. The procedure can include both excision and liposuction in order to remove the excess tissue and skin in a patient’s breasts. The surgeon then reshapes the breasts and repositions the nipple and areola as discussed in the consultation.
- Breast Augmentation: Experience more confidence in your body with breast augmentation. This procedure enhances breast fullness, shape, and symmetry with saline-filled or silicone gel-filled implants. Breast augmentation begins as a consultation with the surgeon to determine what shape and size are best for your body, discussing the benefits of various implant options. After deciding on an implant, the surgery will occur in our ambulatory surgery center under general anesthesia. Afterward, the doctor will give you recommendations for recovery. Breast augmentation may be performed for reconstruction post-mastectomy. This procedure can be complemented by a breast lift to correct sagging previous to augmentation.
- Mastopexy: Mastopexy is the medical name for a breast lift. In this procedure, a plastic surgeon raises and reshapes your breasts to give them a firmer, rounder look. The surgery also removes extra skin around your breast and if necessary reduces the size of your areola.
- Abdominoplasty: Patients who want to make the stomach thinner and firmer may opt for abdominoplasty, which is also known as a tummy tuck. The procedure removes excess skin and fat from the middle and lower abdomen. Then, the surgeon tightens the muscles in the abdominal wall. It’s important to know that it’s not for weight loss. Also, it’s not the same thing as liposuction which is the removal of fat deposits. Patients who have lost a large amount of weight may have stretched and loose skin. Abdominoplasty removes the loose skin and firms the stomach.
- Rhinoplasty: Rhinoplasty alters the shape of the nose and can be pursued for both medical and cosmetic reasons. A surgeon creates a small incision on the interior of the nose or at the base of the nose and makes changes to the cartilage and bone under the skin. The doctor may also alter the skin for the new shape of the nose.
- Liposuction: Liposuction is a popular and versatile surgical procedure that can be customized to a patient’s desired aesthetic expectations. Liposuction sculpts and contours excess fat in various areas of the body. This is a great option for patients struggling with exercise-resistant fat. While there are many options for liposuctions, the procedure generally involves the insertion of a thin tube (a cannula) through a tiny incision. The cannula then breaks up and suctions the fat cells from the body. This procedure is highly popular as it is minimally invasive.
Additional procedures performed at Bluffton Okatie Surgery Center include:
- Neck Lift
- Fat grafting
- Thigh Lift
- Scar Revision
- Skin Graft
- Skin Cancer Excision
- Tendon Repair
- And more.